View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM
jillaine

Hi everyone! Your long lost swap coordinator here... I've been so busy with work that I haven't had a lot of time to stay in touch. But I am TRYING to catch up.

I need to do a reality check with a bunch of people on this swap who have not been in communication. So look for some possible re-arrangements. So glad you all are holding onto your quilts until your partner is done with theirs.

There are two months left. That means we should each be hitting 75% complete by about now. And THAT means the quilt you are making should be approaching sandwich stage.

I need you to look into your hearts and figure out if you're going to be able to complete and ship your partner's quilt by July 1. We have a diversity of folks here in terms of procrastination (or its opposite-- those who finished their quilts in one month!) and in terms of "I know I can hunker down and finish and ship by July 1."

Please be in touch with me. We also (again!) have a number of participants with health challenges. I know from last year, that that didn't stop a lot of you, though I don't know how, given what I knew you all went through.

I am NOT going to blame or make anyone feel bad if they're having trouble. Life happens. Heck, I've been a really lousy, absent coordinator this time around. So no throwing stones from this quarter. If you need help, let me know. If you know you have to bail, let me know NOW. And be in touch with your partner. What we really learned from last year is that it is FAR better (and makes everyone feel better, including you) if you communicate what's going on. A missing-in-action partner is really a drag. We'd rather here that you're alive and just can't finish the quilt than not hear from you at all.

Not that I'm handing out easy-out passes. I want all of us to complete our commitments. But if you can't, let me know now, PLEASE! Thank you!

Oh, and by the way, even though I've been absent, my progress on my partner's quilt is good. I sent it off to be Long-armed (a first for me), and it JUST came back today. It's lovely. I just need to finish the binding.

-- Jillaine