View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 AM
sparkys_mom

I love the Outlander series! I've read them and, more recently, listened to most of them on audio recordings. Wonderful audios. I didn't know there was a new book coming out but am glad to hear it. I used to read all the time commuting back and forth to work (riding in a van pool) and at lunch time at my desk. Now I work from home and don't do that but have gotten hooked on audio books. I keep one in the car and another by my sewing machine. I like a lot of different authors. Currently am listening to "The Gift" by Richard Paul Evans while sewing. In my car, I have an audio "Summerland" by Elin Hillderbrand. I was happy to find it on the library shelves as I had listened to her "Silver Girl" last year and loved it.
Another audio series that I really like are the Earth Children series by Jean Auel - beginning with "Clan of the Cave Bear".
Anything by Edward Rutherfurd is good whether reading or listening.
Philippa Gregory writes very interesting books about English royalty.
John Connelly for good detective/murder mysteries.
If you like a little SyFy mixed with dragons, Anne McCaffrey is wonderful reading, especially her first books.
I just finished reading (really reading) The Hunger Games and the sequel. I'm on the third of the series but, because I'm actually reading not listening, it is taking some time for me to finish it.