Thread: Why is it??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
cjc

Here's another LQS story... My sister and mother were quilting before I started and we had gone into the quilt shop a couple times together. They had so much beautiful fabric, room after room of it. A couple of years ago, when I first knew that I wanted to start to quilt, I went to the same quilt shop. I had decided to buy a kit. I knew that I would probably have to spend $150 or so, but I figured that way I would have everything I needed. the fabric would match, etc. So I went to the shop and couldn't get any help at all. I took my money and went to the Walmart store. I picked out a quilt pattern from the McCall's Quilting magazine that they had there and all the fabric to make the quilt for $35.00 and not the cheapest fabric that they had either. The quilt turned out beautifully, if fact..it's on the bed now. I went back a couple of other times and got treated the same way. Now there is another LQS in the same town. I go to the new one all the time. The woman who owns it and the women who work there are all great. Helpful. I have taken a couple of classes there too. The only time now that I go to the old store is when they are doing a shop hop. I might buy a fat quarter or charm pack there but that's all.
I try to visit other LQS when I go to other towns, some are good, some are bad. But I love the new one that I go to all the time.