Old 05-07-2013, 04:33 AM
sikesjj

It is obviously to late for stitches, but from my experience they don't reattach unless its major. Buy one of those little splints for broken fingers you can get them at a pharmacy and it will help you from hittin it and keep the bandages on it. Don't use peroxide, repeated use actually damages your skin and will prolong healing, there are some really good band aids for fingertips and highly recommend those. When you change the bandage clean it up with some alcohol or soap and water (without seeing it, it's hard for me to say), and let it breathe and air dry before bandaging again. You can PM me a picture if you want. I have had several family members do the same thin and saw it quite often in nursing school. Get better soon and I am a fellow Lefty.

jamie

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
I love my new partner Berryberry, she is a chatter box, just like me! We will have fun with this swap, thanks Brat for starting it!

So today I was rushing around trying to stay one step ahead of a 3 year old (very very hard thing to do) and I was not paying attention to what I was doing and just about cut the end of my finger off! Well sorry to say I think I might have taught my 3 year old granddaughter some new words!

Yowza, there is nothing that hurts like a finger pain! a million nerve endings on fire! So what did I do quick thinking quilter that I am! I took a 2 1/2 in WOF and made a tourniquet to stop the bleeding and to keep from having to get stitches, I left it on tight about 10 minutes and when I took it off the bleeding had stopped then iced it for about 20 more minutes swelling is down, but dang that sucker hurts still!

And yes I did it to my left index finger and I am left handed! UGH

I did not do it to get out of sewing! but maybe I can get out of typing~ ok going to get off computer and enjoy the quiet.