Thread: Why is it??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
bluebird

[quote=ctquilter]
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i may be off-base, but i've more-or-less come to the conclusion that all but the huge LQS are out of touch with the times. they seem content to cater to women who don't need to work outside the home to make ends meet.

first clue? their hours.

Patrice I think you are absolutely correct based on an experience I had about six years ago. I wanted a Bernina machine so I decided to try one out before spending that kind of money (it wasn't a top of the line model). I went to the only quilt shop in my area that sells them and asked if I could try one. As I was sewing, the bobbin thread kept tangling on the back of the practice piece. I jokingly said, why is that happening is it me? And the lady said "it must be". I was a bit put off by that. Then I asked about additional feet and the cost. I thought they were quite expensive, I asked her if I could use the snap-on feet that I already have and her response was "why would you want to". I got up and walked out of the shop, but I was so embarrassed. Let me just say that I would handle the situation very differently today. :twisted:
Had just about the same thing at our fancy Bernina shop. No customers, also no help, not even a greeting when I went in ..... or left. Had the same thing at a fancy long arm dealer, sales clerks were busy chatting. And I didn't wear my overalls, really was dressed neatly. :D Lets just say that I've been to those shops twice.....the first time and the last time. Spent my hard earned $$ on a Janome & love it. :lol: