Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Here is the thing... Even if the images won't transfer anymore you can use them if you wish. Three other ways I know of are, use a purchased transfer pencil to outline the image and then iron the transfer the same as normal. You can use a light box to transfer them with a regular pencil onto the fabric by tracing around the image. Lastly, you can iron on newly printed images (copies) that you copied from the original pattern. I think you must iron the printed copy within so many minutes for it to work. I am not exactly sure how long it takes to transfer to the fabric. I haven't done it in years. But, it does work, I have done it but, it has been some time ago. Years and years... lol!

Oh I forgot! You can use the printable sheets of fabric.

Many years ago, people used to make doll furniture from those wooden spools. Somewhere I have a very old article with some diagrams of how to put them together to make beds, tables and even little doll chairs with them.

Also they can be all lined up on a nice long board and screwed on to make a coat hanger type holder for the sewing room or workshop. You drill the evenly spaced holes to fit the inside of the spool that the machine screw will fit into, then use a sunken (countersunk) holes that you use larger drill bit to make a hole on the back that the nut will fit down into and onto the machine screw. The shelf will then it will hang flush to the wall. The names of the threads show on the front and give some interest to the little hanger. The metal picture hangers work good to hang them onto the wall on either end of the shelf.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-07-2013 at 09:06 AM.