View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM
chrystal2277

Smile Any own have a Dial N Sew?

Hello all! I'm Chrystal, and this is my first post. Don't think my machine is a "vintage" but it is not new, very very dusty, and been sitting a very long time. I have had it in my posession for about 8 years. It was my ex-husband mothers. That's all I know about it. I have been using it as a desk for my own mid-nineties machine, I got as a gift from my mother. Well, that machine has been driving me nuts for years, I constantly have to play with tension and can never seem to get a good solid stitch out of it.

Sorry, I digress lol. Point is, I remembered that I have a machine hidden under my "desk" just the other day, and when it comes to many things in life, the older stuff is better made. So, Today I unveiled her.... she is very intriguing looking, have pattern cams, which I know nothing about..., cleaned her up some, pluged her in, light still works. I have no idea when she was manufactured. I have been doing some research, can't find another single picture of her anywhere...

Questions for you..

1. Anyone know anything about this machine and how to "use it" lol

2. What should I do to prep her for her first run. I want to make sure I don't do anything to wreck her. What should I look for?

3. She has this "knee thingy" I have never seen a machine that didn't have a pedal??

Thank you for bearing with me, I have just started my research into this machine and came across this forum....were I have been stuck for hours..... lol

I am sure I sound completely clueless, that is because I am... I am in my mid thirties and have never used anything but was considered "modern".

Thank you for reading!