Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
marytoddliz

Oh wow a Prince Charming quilt! Who is it going to be for?

I am wondering why I am wide awake so early, I have been up since 3 am, with not a sleepy bone in my body! I know when Miss Charleigh wakes up it will not be so wide awake LOL.

Well Berryberry is getting a red white and blue patriotic table runner for a picnic table for the 4th of July! I am really having fun designing it in my mind!

Charleigh will be going home on May 19th, but Hubby will be showing up on May 15th for two weeks! which is wonderful! I really miss him, but we all know that at times the Hubbies take up as much of our time as the 3 year olds! At least I can tell him to go out side and play and not worry about him, well at least not too much!

Mom is doing better this week in some ways, not in others~ The Doctor said she does not have dementia, well at least not any more than normal for 80, but her lung cancer has been growing and her capacity for breathing is getting a lot worse, he says she could have as little as 6 months and as long as 18 months. But it looks like she wants to come back home. We are having a family meeting and trying to figure out what is best for everyone. I am leaning towards letting her come here and just dealing with it! Sometimes knowing what the right thing to do is difficult! I love being in Oregon but miss being home, and then the traveler in me says there is a Motor home with your name on it, lets go to the east coast !!!!! You know it is funny I retired early so I could sew and travel, but it is amazing how since I am the retired one a lot of the responsibility comes my way! Give me back my 9 to 5!

I do appreciate having my quilting buddies to sound off with! I am feeling the full effects of the middle age squeeze, wanting to help My Daughter and wanting to help my Mom, while my own life seems to be on hold! But seriously it is all good and I am mostly upbeat and happy about it all.

So Bring on the Quilts, I love small pieces of fabric that I can actually control the outcome on!