View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Dedemac

I have been using the food-saver for over 20 years, I am on my second one. I also use it to reseal chip bags and other things. I find it great for expensive cheese. I cut the bag a few inches longer than normal so I can open and reseal. I have two blocks of cheese that we have been relishing for about 3 months and it's still perfect. I have one of the canisters and one of the flat covers to seal cans. I use both but not often. I do use the attachment for the canning jars regularly. The wide mouth is my favorite, great way to store leftovers in the refrigerator. I have seen them at our local farm store. I believe they ship to the east cost. http://www.fleetfarm.com/search/?q=f...archSubmit.y=0 Check your local farm or hardware store. When mine finally gives up the ghost I will get one with the sensor for wet and soft foods. So I don't have to freeze the berries before I seal them. We have grape vines and raspberries, and cherries in our yard it is great to make a homemade pie in January with garden fruit.