View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
DebbE

I noticed you have a ledge above your sofa -- how about installing open shelves, first on the shelf and then up the wall all the way to the top? It would be a great place to put fabrics, books, plants, etc. You could also put some inexpensive glass against the wall first to reflect light behind everything you'll have on the shelves if you wanted. I'd go with 'hopetoquilts' great idea for the wall across from your sewing machine. If you found a large window that has multi panes (glass separated by dividers like your door has) then you could put pictures of whatever behind the glass -- whether beach, woods, countryside, flowers, animals, etc....just things YOU love. Then I'd take it one step further and install a cornice board on the top and hang a drapery on each side (with a topper along the top of the window), which of course you could make from your favorite fabrics (or hang a couple of quilts as drapes on each side). You could do a lot with the room for storage, and still make it totally yours for your quilting. A track light system on the ceiling would be wonderful (you could wire it from the existing light source and have lots more light) where you point the lights where you want. Point 1-2 lights on the 'window', on the shelving and of course, down, so you have lots of light for your sewing area. Love the green on the walls and the wood flooring looks super!

Last edited by DebbE; 05-09-2013 at 06:54 PM.