View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Stitchit123

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Haven't had that scam yet, but yesterday while at my Mom's house, a call came in asking if my dad was there. I said, "I don't think so." (He's died in 2009, but I didn't tell the caller that.) Well, this is (insert a power company name) and can you make decisions on this account? Well, yes I can. Back to the caller...well, I have some benefits to tell you about...what is your name? So I asked what the benefits were, and he wouldn't tell me until I gave my name. NO WAY! The caller had an obvious accent...just how stupid do they think we are? Be careful, folks!
I was expecting a call back from Cleveland,Oh so when the 216 area code showed up I answered it--Well the accented female asked if I was -she had my 1st-middle -maiden and my married name --now that was weird--Well my credit cards have suspicious activity on them could I verify my acct.numbers. I said sure -they all start with zeroes and end in zeroes and there are zeroes in between..She slammed the phone down in my ear--sounded like one of M those old fashion Bake Lite's--but how rude of her.