View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Stitch124

I've been a sewer since high school making my own clothes. After marriage and children, I didn't have much time so my stash never got going. I have a huge cross-stitch stash though. In the last year I've really gotten interested in quilting and since my daughter moved, I now have my own sewing room for the first time in my life! I love, love, love it. As for my stash, I just have one small cabinet of fabric. Top shelf has 1/2 yard lengths on the comic book boards arranged by color or by design group already earmarked for a specific project. Second shelf is fat quarters. Third shelf is a mish-mash of projects I make like handbags, wallets and cosmetic bags. Already cut waiting to be sewn. Bottom shelf is just a small amount of fabric cuts given to me. My scraps are in a fabric box container on a shelf and separated by color in ziplock bags. I tend to buy only when I have a plan for the fabric. I have about 4 or 5 quilt projects in the queue. Working on 2 - I-Spy quilts presently.

I work full time so only have a few hours in the evening and some times on the weekend to sew when I'm not babysitting. I just love to go into my 'sewing cave' and plan and sew!