View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Rosyhf

I have an opinion on Jelly rolls, layer cakes and charms etc. lol. I used to buy my fabric at Hoffman's. Every now and then they would have a sale on the 5x5 squares or the others. Being good with math lol, I would just add up the square inches convert them to yards and was shocked how much one is paying per yard. Although its nice to receive a piece of an entire line, to me, it's not worth the money, as my scrap quilts are just that, scrap.

I have fun using my scraps and they cost me nothing and I have such a variety of them and my friends give me more all the time. All I have to do is cut them to what I need but isn't that the whole fun process? I don't have to have all the new fabrics lol.

Now, another time, Hoffman's must have been wanting to get rid of some 5x5 packs of fabric and the price was so ridiculous that I bought 3 packs and called all my friends who did the same. They must have made a mistake lol....These were huge packs of fabric. I still have them in a drawer and haven't used them yet as I have enough scraps to open a shop lol.....

Last edited by Rosyhf; 05-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.