Thread: janome 8900
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Madriver View Post
I just purchased a Janome 8900 for $2000. Pricing for this machine is all over the place and seems almost ridiculously random. I'm in NY and one dealer wanted $3600 and another wanted $2999. My mother lives in Florida and both she and a friend wanted the 8900. She was quoted $3400 at one dealer and then another was $2000. Needless to say, she bought from the dealer that priced the machine at $2000, and so did I and her friend. He is shipping it to me for free and since it was out-of-state he didn't charge me sales tax. I've got my tracking number and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday (purchased it just this past Thursday).

The variable pricing on these machines is just outrageous at this point.
Congratulations! on your new machine.

What needs to be remembered in comparing prices is whether they are equal deals when it comes to the price. Eg. Does each pricing have all the same inclusions re the Janome table, feet, other accessories, lessons, servicing, etc. And of course, it there is a trade being factored in.

Often times, when an apple to apple comparison is made ... they come out pretty close to the same $$$