Thread: Rick Rack Help
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM
onaemtnest

Default Rick Rack Help

I need help from someone that has experience using Rick Rack on a quilt top. I've made a Sail Boat baby quilt and I'd like to apply 1.5" Rick Rack to replicate waves. The top is pieced and ready to be sandwiched...
  1. How do I sew the Rick Rack on? What stitch would you recommend? I looked at some sites and some suggest a decorative stitch down the center (which I don't want to do with this particular quilt).
  2. My concern is the edges curling with time, or is that the nature of the beast?
  3. Do I apply it now while it's still a flimsy or after it's sandwiched? Just taking the rick rack beyond the edges and catching the ends when I bind? All the quilting will be linear, stitch in the ditch.
  4. I usually use a LA person for quilting but this one is small enough 40"X48" I will be attempting my first time quilting on my Viking Husquvarna 1+. I've quilted table toppers stitch in the ditch but nothing quite this big.

I know that someone will have the knowledge I lack here. I feel it's probably a simple thing but I'm just needing some help and encouragement :0)