View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
sarahspins

Originally Posted by Txsuthrn View Post
I love my 4.0 but the needle threader has never worked.
There is a tiny little screw on the back of the hook bar on the threader you can loosen and adjust the position of the hook through the eye of the needle - it may just need to be wiggled up/down or side to side.. if you hold it in place while you re-tighten the screw it will be perfectly aligned and work more reliably. It's a very simple fix once you know how

That said, to the OP - a repair person who says they "can't" fix a part of a machine is one I would stay far away from. Was it an authorized Pfaff repair center? The thread cutters in most recent model machines have adjustments that can be made as well, or parts can be replaced if they have been damaged... the only time I'd accept "I can't fix this" is if you're talking about a machine that just does not have any parts available anymore - that happened with my 7570 when the computer board went out, and my pfaff dealer says they can't get any parts for those any more - if you are lucky they happen to have one on a spare machine in the back, but their supply of parts is dwindling.

Last edited by sarahspins; 05-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.