View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Contrary to popular belief, these machines are not rare. Not even close. There's nothing wrong with parting out one machine to rebuild another.

That being said, Joe...if you're NOT a collector, what are you doing with so many machines?? You remind me of my sister who says, "I'm NOT a quilter, I just make baby blankets!" ~wink and a grin~

Charlee,

Since this thread has been brought back to the top I'll answer your question a bit better this time.

I like to learn things. Buying one machine and learning to sew would be a major undertaking for some people, me too, but I want to know what makes these machines tick. So I get one that's new to me, service it, refurb it, repair it, what ever it needs and in doing that I learn something. I am a mechanical type person so I actually enjoy tinkering with them. Occasionally I sell or trade some off and make a buck or two. So far we've made back what we've put into them plus a bit.
Due to spinal arthritis and other issues I don't have the stamina to do the work I used to, so I'm teaching myself how to fix and service these machines so that perhaps I can bring some cash flow into our bank account.

I suppose that about covers it.

Joe