Thread: They found it!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Jo Anne B.

Oh Boy! My mom is 90, in a nursing home, it feels like all I do is play detective, tracking down and keeping track of what little she has left of her earthly possessions. Whether it be the charger to her cell phone to brand new bra's brand Capri's, her socks, geod...! it's everything!! My sister insists on sending her cash for her billfold $20-40, It is gone before I ever see it.. I get so tired of being a cop/detective every time I visit. My mom suffers from some dementia related to advanced Parkinson's or is sleeping or out of her room, it stresses my mom out so much when her things come up missing.
Interesting fact: If the laundry help misplaces articles of clothing say in another residents closet/drawers, they are not allowed to retrieve it...they can put clothes away, but not remove. I understand, but doesn't help matters as well.
Get this: late Feb. I noticed my mom did not have socks on, only part of her foot was exposed from under her blanket, I asked why she did not have socks on she said they hurt her toe, I peeled back the blanket and found both of her feet were BLACK AND BLUE AND SWOLLEN, I inquired to the nurse who knew nothing about it, mom said they had been that way for a week, I asked for X-rays, her toe was broken. Nobody saw anything, nobody heard anything, nobody reported the B/B and swelling, Nobody knew anything....Needless to say we had meetings, phone calls, all they could say was they were there for my mothers best interest. The person of interest quit before she could be questioned.
I asked that a new policy be put into place that staff wear first name only name tags, they did say because of this incident staff it would be policy, hasn't happened yet...
Sorry and Thank you for opening this thread and letting me vent!!
JB