Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 AM
DustysMomma

Exciting? No, not really. Just lots going on. My boyfriend's crazy summer travel starts tomorrow, so I won't have as much going on with him. I may take a couple weekend trips and I'll have to work a lot though. One of my bookkeeping clients wants me to do some extra stuff while he's traveling this summer. To be honest, I'm to the point I don't have the energy, but part of me needs to get some of my student loans paid off so I can afford the monthly payment if anything happens to my boyfriend or anything happens where we're not together anymore. My student loan payment is $65 a month more than my car payment. I have 11 payments left on my car. When the car is paid off, that money is going toward my student loans too! When I can deal with my student loan payment on my own and afford to pay rent if I ever have to, I'll feel much better. On a happier note, I finally got my raise I was supposed to get a month ago! I think it's only $0.75/hr, but any is better than nothing! That's $30 a week I didn't have before! No, my degree isn't making me more money so far, but that's not why I got it. When you life in a college town and work in a profession that the local university offers a degree in, especially when that is one of the degrees they're known for, it's impossible to get a job without at least a bachelors in that major.