Old 05-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Yosamitesa

Ok, ok ok!!! So, last night I decided to sandwich and bast the table runner for Grandma Di while I was enjoying the use of my Happy Mother's Day to me gift...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413984[/ATTACH]

No...let me tell you...that glass is WAY bigger than it looks. I pulled out the glue sticks and got the top adhered to the insulbrite batting. Then came the backing...and well, that was a story in it's self. I thought I had enough fabric that I would not have to piece a back, because seriously, how many of us live for a pieced back to quilt through. Well, I did not have enough fabric and the wheels started turning. Not a good thing to do while partaking in some much needed after work refreshments in my new Happy Mother's Day to me gift (yes fleur de lis is my signature symbol). So...here I am staring at the colors and what I have left and what will match and I have a brilliant idea...I will use the fabric I bought for the binding from the quilt shop earlier. Side story...went to the quilt shop after work with my table runner and back to "audition" fabrics for the binding. The owner and another lady got involved with the process. It was a HUGE ordeal in the store and everyone came to help find the "perfect" fabric. Now, normally not a bad thing having opinions; however, when you have 5 people who work there trying to help because at 5:00pm I was the 3rd customer all day, you know it isn't a good thing. I finally got the PERFECT fabric!!! Will you see the perfect fabric? Nope...not until this runner is completed and Grandma Di posts a picture. Ok...where was I? Oh yes, so I laid out the binding fabric and stopped before cutting...what if I don't have enough to do the binding with too??? So, nope didn't cut it!!! Went back through the other fabs and while watching Elementary (show about Sherlock Holmes) and swaying back and forth to the music in my head I finally figured it out!!! I cut and sewed and pressed the back!!! LOOKS AMAZING!!! Then I glued the backing on to the table runner/insulbrite combo. Was that enough??? Nope!!! I pulled out the pins and I pinned every section of that combo!!! The runner is not moving, the backing is not moving and the insulbrite is not moving. I finally stand up...and I sat back down on the couch. The runner did not get quilted last night...today it is sitting on my sewing table mocking me. Maybe tonight, if I'm not out too late it will get quilted...until then, here is the backing!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413993[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails glass.jpg   table-runner-swap-backing.jpg