Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
nanna-up-north

Default LQS styles/themes, etc. Have you noticed it? Which do you favor?

My DH and I like to travel and over the years I've visited many LQS and have noticed something. Every shop seems to have a theme/style. My question is, which style/them do you frequent? Does YOUR stash reflect that choice?

One shop will specialize in primitive types of fabrics and homespuns. They often have those civil war fabrics and wool for penny rugs, etc.
Another shop might have a Victorian feel with lots of flowery fabrics with pastel colors and lacey patterns. I often see ribbons and ruffled yardage at these shops.
One shop I visit a lot has an oriental feel. It has the most gorgeous fabrics as well as the sashiko books and classes.
Now, I'm seeing a lot of more modern shops with a 60's feel to the fabrics. They display bright, colorful quilts and have lots of fabric that would fit well in today's families setting up housekeeping.
And, I can't forget the outdoors shops with moose and bear fabrics with those cute cabin flair quilts that would fit so well at your 'little place in the woods'.

I really like the primitives and the orientals. And my stash does have those themes front and center. So, have you all noticed how different LQS are? Have I missed some themes? And, what do you lean toward?