Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
LQS styles/themes, etc.  Have you noticed it?  Which do you favor? >

LQS styles/themes, etc. Have you noticed it? Which do you favor?

LQS styles/themes, etc. Have you noticed it? Which do you favor?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 AM

Yes, I have noticed. I sometimes have a hard time finding what I want at my LQS because they seem to favor the bright colorful prints of today while I am more traditional and like the primitive and traditional types of fabric.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 AM

I've enjoyed reading all your ideas about different quilt shops. I agree, it's a good thing that the different owners have different likes and dislikes. I guess that's what draws me to yet another shop to see what wonderful quilts, fabrics, ideas will be found. I'm fortunate to have several shops to go to that I like, I guess.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I really like the primitives and the orientals. And my stash does have those themes front and center. So, have you all noticed how different LQS are? Have I missed some themes? And, what do you lean toward?
I think that we have the same taste in fabrics. I also love those early designs and the beautiful yardage from Asia. (I just posted a thread about the Sashiko fabrics from Japan.) I recently moved from a, "cowboy-ranch" community, where everyone went for all those classic, Americana looks. Now, I'm in a more artsy community and they have fabrics like hand dyed and hand painted, Sashiko, African, Australian and other world cultures, etc. It's really been eye opening and I love it all!

~ Cindy
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

My favorite shop has lots of bright and fun fabrics. No civil war type ones or homespuns. Right up my alley~
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
SSK

I have just purchased a Bernina 710, I love it and it sews like a dream and the thread cutter is the best. My problem is learning the computer part of it. I have had two demonstrations and a class. I think I have it and I get home and get stuck again. I am a self taught quilter and very knowledgeable on the computer so I am able to learn. I have another class soon so hopefully........ I just wondered if it is just me or has anyone else has had this problem. Oh, by the way this is my first post, I have been reading this board almost every day and LOVE it and all of you sound so nice. I am going to enjoying "chiming" in. Have a great day!