View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by newdoda View Post
Hi, I know (or at least hope) that I will get a lot of opinions, however, that is what I am looking for. Currently I own a Bernina 640 but I am not finding it very user friendly. It might be because I am a slow learner or that I never got my classes but for whatever reason I'm not sure that it is the machine for me. I had the opportunity to watch a friend using her Viking Diamond and everything about it seemed like a breeze. My question is: what machine is recommend for someone who is not THAT experienced and is mostly self taught with just a few classes under her belt. Really want to progress in skill level and number of quilts made. Thanks for any and all feedback.
I have a Viking Designer Diamond and a Pfaff Creative Vision - and love both machines!! HOWEVER - the Viking is - by FAR - more user friendly for both sewing/quilting and embroidery functions ( IMHO)...The Pfaff has far more flexibility (can do many things with the machine that with the Viking requires the 5D software )..........I have tried the top of the line Bernina machines ( in 2005 and again in 2012 ) but was not as happy with those as I am with the Viking and Pfaff! As I am getting older - the learning of new things is more difficult - takes more repetitions til I get it down..........I would strongly recommend the Viking - especially if you have a local dealer handy who can provide classes and support.