Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 AM
amh

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
ROFLMBO I know this is not a funny thing and yes it works but reading it and using this old imagination of a chicken/person doing it just cracked me up.
I'm so glad seasaw2mch that I gave you a good laugh. It is indeed a funny looking exercise. I am still working (40+ years of typing every day) and I've taught that move to many people. Currently I work with 16 men and have taught them the move. If I see them doing it I will actually go over and put pressure on that spot while they do the exercise as that really helps work it out faster, and they do the same for me.

It is a hard exercise to explain, but obviously I was able to do so. ROFLMBO -- I had to look it up and then laughed and laughed.

If you need to, put a box under your sewing table so your feet are securely planted, what I have done is secure a piece of shelf liner (rug underlay works too) on the bottom of a sturdy plastic container that is the right height for you and put your foot pedal on it. You can put a piece of shelf liner on top of the container and one on the bottom of your foot pedal as well. Nothing moves. Your foot pedal is where you want it and at the right height. I have used a plastic container so it can do double duty and carry things to quilt retreats etc., but anything that's the right height will work. I happen to really like it when I put it down and it stays in place.

You don't want to have pressure on the upper leg when you are sitting as that can cause circulation issues. You should be able to easily push your fingers between your leg and chair.

In this day of ergonomics these things are not taught to people. 45 years ago they were. Interesting.

amh