Old 05-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Nammie to 7

I live in Rapid City and will definitely be going. I won't have any quilts in the show this year - didn't get the paperwork done!! There will be just over 500 quilts this year and some new and different vendors. If you have a vehicle you might want to make a trip to Hill City for lunch or supper at the Alpine. Their desserts are to die for. A new quilt shop just opened in Hill City. The Quilt Corral in Hill City has closed. The Quilt Connection has moved to downtown Rapid. Quiltiques is a new shop on 8th (Mt. Rushmore Road) just south of Pearl's shop. Fabric City may be new since you were here last - it is located across the interstate from the mall. We have a bunch of new shops around the new Main Street Square in downtown Rapid - lots of fun places to eat in that area. Murphey's has some great salads, Firehouse Brewing is another good place to eat. Thirsty's is also a good place to eat downtown. Hope to see you at the quilt show. I'll be working the admission table on Saturday morning.