Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one going to the Rapid City Quilt Show in two weeks? >

Any one going to the Rapid City Quilt Show in two weeks?

Any one going to the Rapid City Quilt Show in two weeks?

Old 05-25-2013, 05:53 AM

Default Any one going to the Rapid City Quilt Show in two weeks?

I have been there once and was very impressed with the amount and quality of the quilts. I enjoyed the way the quilts were displayed. It did get to be overwhelming. This year, a handful of our guild members are going together. We are traveling the day before. (The show is June 7-9, and we live 5 hours away) The plan is to hit as many quilt shops along the way. We have rooms at the Holiday Inn next to the Civic Center, so if anyone gets tired they can walk back to the room. I would love to hear feedback from anyone that has been there, or is planning to attend. Are there any recommendations on LQS (we will be going to Pearl Louise's store for sure) or places to eat. I am real familiar with Deadwood (LOL) but have only ventured into Rapid a few times.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:07 AM

I live in Rapid City and will definitely be going. I won't have any quilts in the show this year - didn't get the paperwork done!! There will be just over 500 quilts this year and some new and different vendors. If you have a vehicle you might want to make a trip to Hill City for lunch or supper at the Alpine. Their desserts are to die for. A new quilt shop just opened in Hill City. The Quilt Corral in Hill City has closed. The Quilt Connection has moved to downtown Rapid. Quiltiques is a new shop on 8th (Mt. Rushmore Road) just south of Pearl's shop. Fabric City may be new since you were here last - it is located across the interstate from the mall. We have a bunch of new shops around the new Main Street Square in downtown Rapid - lots of fun places to eat in that area. Murphey's has some great salads, Firehouse Brewing is another good place to eat. Thirsty's is also a good place to eat downtown. Hope to see you at the quilt show. I'll be working the admission table on Saturday morning.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM

I'm pretty new to the area, but I plan to attend the quilt show. I second the opinion of Alpine Inn for lunch, best food I've had in a long time and the desserts are amazing! Firehouse is good for lunch as well, and I'll be exploring to find those LQS too.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Yes, I'll be there!!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Been going to it for years and love it. I was going to it when it was at the School of Mines. Always lots of wonderful vendors as well. I usually shop hop my way up with Lusk, Wy quilt shop, Edgemont, SD quilt shop, Custer, SD quilt shop and Hot Springs, SD quilt shop. SOOOOOOO I am happy to hear that Hill City, SD has a quilt shop again!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:16 PM

I'm really looking forward to the quilt show - last year I only got to spend about an hour there - My granddaughter and I wanted to go - she spent the night here - then hubby thought we should go to Alpine for lunch - wouldn't turn that down so by the time we got to the show we didn't have much time to look. I was going to go back the next day but the water heater decided to spring a leak so ended up working all weekend with hubby to get it fixed! This year I signed up to work the admissions table so I know I will be there on Saturday!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 PM

Firehouse Brewing is good. Loved the atmosphere. Been to Rapid City over 20 times for vacation. Love the area!! Mount Rushmore evening lighting ceremony definitely worth the short drive from Rapid!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM

I have been wanting to go to that show. Maybe next year. My daughter is stationed at Ellsworth AFB, but is deployed to the Middle East till the end of July. Next year I will have to make an excuse to go visit her!