Old 05-26-2013, 10:22 AM
meow meow

when my granddaughters were that age they all wanted to sew. One could not even reach the gas pedal as she called it. My husband took a box put the pedal on it. I then cut 5" squares and let her sew them first in two's, then into 4sies etc and she made a small lap quilt which we sandwiched and I straight stitched to quilt. This type of sewing allowed them to sew a straight line and then some rows. One of them decided she didn't want to make a quilt after all cause it was toooooooooo much work rather be outside painting on the sidewalk so she just made one big enough to fit her doll. More recently my great granddaughter now 5 wanted to sew also so I just happen to have 25 10 " halloween fabric squares and she sewed those up and then I put it on my long arm and sewed goblins on it. Everyone was happy and the time spent with each one of them is priceless. Gotta admit even my grandsons would come in from time to time to try the art of sewing. Enjoy because whatever you do with your granddaughter will be PRICELESS.