View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 AM
dray965

After going to the www.hollyknot.com website that was suggested in this thread, I had 2 light-bulb thoughts! I don't know if they'll work but worth a try.

1) How about using the design wall, if you have one? If it's not taller than the wall, that would get the quilt. Of course, one would have to have a room big enough to back up and get in the whole quilt. I don't know if this would work for me. Because of the quilt's weight, my sheetrock wall might not hold it. It might though. Have to ask hubby's opinion about this idea.

2) As for hanging without a design wall, it seems to me that you could fix 2 sturdy curtain-rod holders (with sturdy rod) to a wall, affixing further apart than your largest quilt size. Then slip the rod through the quilts sleeve, assuming that it has one. This is the one I think I'll try. I could affix this to each side of my design wall and leave them their permanently for photographing quilts.

An aside about design walls: I see many that are white. I know that artists design walls are usually black, which shows the colors better. I had forgotten that. I may change my white one to black at some point.