Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 AM
My time

Smile

Originally Posted by MissQuilter View Post
Checked out the Martellinotions.com site for the free motion gripper rings. Wow! Pricy. Great idea, but a bit rich for my blood.

I wrapped an embroidery hoop... maybe an 8 inch one, with that rubbery mat stuff that makes things not slip... sort of a open weave plastic stuff.... If you put it on your machine without the foot attached it does a similar thing as that gripper ring. (Then reattach the foot.... Just remove for room to get it under the foot!) Pretty cheap too, and I already had the hoop. Good luck. I think my problem is that I was trying to learn with the bigger patterns, and thought I would then move to smaller ones, but honestly, I think the smaller patterns are easier and maybe you then move UP to being able to do the larger, more open patterns. You have to move the quilt so much more with the larger patterns.

think I am going to try that.... Christine[/QUOTE]

I love this...we're there is a will there is a way. This might seem like a dunb question but do you attach the embroidery hoop the normal way. Do you put it through your quilt sandwich, or does it just sit on top? Thanks for sharing your ideas!