View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 AM
jul

Default HELPS Please - Janome Artistic 18

I know a few of you have this machine, I was wondering if you can help me. I've had my machine for almost 18 months. At first I was just using design boards, dropping a stylus and following the path. I've been trying to branch out and do some free style and ruler work.

However I can not get the needle down to work. In Ruler mode it if I stop moving the machine or pres the stop button it stops instantly - sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes in the middle. The same is true for Speed mode. The only way I can get the needle to stop in the down position is in Cruise mode and then it takes the 5 stitches first. I don't want the 5 locking stitches!!!!

Also if it stops half way between up and down the Jog does not work which is a huge pain when trying to pull up my bobbin thread!

I am trying to do ruler work and need the needle down when I move my ruler or reposition my hands.

Its been to my dealer a few times, first they replaced the control box on the handle, then they adjusted something in the back, and now they're said its a flaw in the machine. How do your machines work?

Thanks - yours help/suggestions is greatly appreciated

Julie