Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELPS Please - Janome Artistic 18 >

HELPS Please - Janome Artistic 18

HELPS Please - Janome Artistic 18

Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 AM
jul

Default HELPS Please - Janome Artistic 18

I know a few of you have this machine, I was wondering if you can help me. I've had my machine for almost 18 months. At first I was just using design boards, dropping a stylus and following the path. I've been trying to branch out and do some free style and ruler work.

However I can not get the needle down to work. In Ruler mode it if I stop moving the machine or pres the stop button it stops instantly - sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes in the middle. The same is true for Speed mode. The only way I can get the needle to stop in the down position is in Cruise mode and then it takes the 5 stitches first. I don't want the 5 locking stitches!!!!

Also if it stops half way between up and down the Jog does not work which is a huge pain when trying to pull up my bobbin thread!

I am trying to do ruler work and need the needle down when I move my ruler or reposition my hands.

Its been to my dealer a few times, first they replaced the control box on the handle, then they adjusted something in the back, and now they're said its a flaw in the machine. How do your machines work?

Thanks - yours help/suggestions is greatly appreciated

Julie
Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

I do not have this machine. I used to have the viking 18x8 and now have the babylock crown jewel. Both of these machines needle up-down works perfectly in all modes. Your needle up down should work also. What does flaw in machine mean??? I think they owe you a better answer than that, as there is something wrong!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 AM

Also do not have this machine, but do have Janome.

Yahoo has a 'Janome Aristic' group (one has to sign up) and also there is a forum at the Janome site ~ maybe one of these sites could help with your situation. Good luck
Old 05-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

Here is a link to the Yahoo Janome Artistic group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JanomeArtistic/
However, it has only 9 members and the last post there was 6 months ago. I would still recommend joining and posting your experience and question there.

Perhaps you need to contact Janome directly. I cannot believe a manufacturer would allow a machine like this not to have a working needle up/down feature. 18 months is not an old machine!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 AM

I have tried joining this group waiting to be approved for over a month. Have heard nothing back. Wanted to join because I just purchased the Janome Artistic 18 to be delivered/set up mid June.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

The owner of the group has probably abandoned it. Try joining the homequiltingsystems group. Someone there may have the Janome Artistic 18 machine.