View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 AM
onaemtnest

I keep a wet terry cloth next to where I'm using Elmer's and wipe my fingers of glue frequently during the process. I read on here that "A dot is a lot" and after over gluing my first binding I learned that too much glue makes it nearly impossible to hand bind :0)

Now I bought a gallon of Elmer's through Sam's club (with shipping under $15.00 (
WARNING: I thought Wal Mart had it less expensive but noticed Wal Mart's gallon wasn't washable
)

I sandwiched my quilt I watered down my glue and drizzled back and forth on the batting.... in Picasso styled frenzied strings.... then spread those lines/stings into a thin layer with a 3" wide paint brush...WOWZER'S what a great tip learned from this board...no bumps ~ no lumps. (Wonder if the miracle brush would work on my thighs and bum ridding them of lumps and bumps???? I digress) I then ironed the sandwich dry and then repeated for the backing fabric.

Another tip if your iron starts to drag because of glue seeping through the fabric just keep a
(used) dryer sheet next to the iron and run that sticky iron plate back and forth over the dryer sheet VOILA slick as new.

I use a glue stick on pellon to fold my quilt label fabric and haven't seemed to have any difficulties...again I press to dry...remembering not to use too much as you'll have a dickens of a time hand sewing through thick glue...I will use an artist's brush from now on since I have the the full gallon of glue to use up.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-29-2013 at 07:21 AM.