View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Tashana

Look at the quilts done by Weeks Ringle. They are deliciously crinckley. She pre washes her fabrics and uses cotton batting. Quilting closer together will also help. The bigger the gap between quilting the less crinckley the quilt will get. I prewash nothing and I still get quilte a bit of crincle due to the density of quilting. Meandering/stippling, bananas, flowers and pebbles will produce excellent crincling. Make sure not to do micro stippling because it will depress your batting and make your quilt too stiff. I use whichever batting is the cheapest, either Pellon or Warm and Natural/White. I wash my quilts on cotton setting, with warm water and spin them on medium high setting. I dry them in the drier on Cotton setting. I used to have a drier when I lived in Italy and European driers are different than American driers. Our driers are vented to the outside, European driers have condensers, so make sure to empty the accumulated water at least once when drying your quilt to reduce the level of moisture in the drum. If you can find an American style drier that vents to the outside, jump on it. It works much better and the drying time is much shorter. Good luck!