View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM
burgett

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
I should add that I probably wouldn't ship it. That machine is most likely an antique and it would take a masterful packing job to get it to its destination undamaged. It is probably fragile. The cabinet also deserves a lot of respectful packing.

Why don't you find the nearest quilt guild and see if anyone wants it? (Sob!) If there was any way I could buy it, I would. I would think $200 would be the most you could get from a motivated buyer.

I saw an old newspaper ad online for this machine and it had the same cabinet. I also saw a few other pictures that had this machine in the same cabinet on a google search...I just assumed it must be original. I know absolutely nothing about antique machines...lol. As far as the motor goes...do they normally not have a motor? I wonder, if it is not operated by the treadle, I could just plug it in right now and see if it works? Or is that not something I should do until it was cleaned?

Good to know on the shipping end. That would scare me to ship it to someone and not have it arrive in perfect condition! I would definitely go to a quilt guild but live 3 hours away from any city large enough to have one. I live in Eastern Oregon...extremely rural with not a lot around.