View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:26 PM
blueheavenfla

Maire,
What a delightful story of your memory maker machine. I love that he saves his mending for you to do. Pretty soon, you can teach him how to sew, too.

Originally Posted by Maire View Post
I have that machine, bought it 6 yrs ago to keep at daughter's house & get it out every time I visit, love it. My sister, an aunt and a coupe of friends also have that model & love it. It has a great stitch but I don't think I'd ever buy another machine with the cartridge threading, takes more time than regular threading.
I don't think that model is made anymore or in stores, sometimes I see a refurbished one on the Internet.
Actually it is a super sentimental machine for me, I flew to my daughter's (different end of the country) when they got the word that a birth mother had chosen them to be the parents of her newborn. So exciting!! I knew I would be there for at least 2 months so ordered that machine from Walmart, knowing I would want to sew & embroider baby things. Now that baby is in kindergarden & when I visit he likes to see me get our "our" machine, he brings me clothes that he has saved out that need mending.