View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:55 AM
grann of 6

I fulfilled my lifelong dream of having a sewing studio when I moved into this house out in the country. After DH passed, I had about 3/4 of my basement converted into all the things I ever wanted... laminate floor that is warm in the winter and cool in summer and easy to clean, countertops for all my sewing machines and computer. One 25 foot wall of floor to ceiling closets with bi-fold doors to hide all the fabric and keep if from the light. I have recessed lighting and lots of outlets. I have a 60" X 80" padded top table for ironing and laying out quilts. I also have another table with a 32" X 60" cutting mat on it. I have central air and a dehumidifier running all the time to keep the moisture out. I don't have a bathroom down there, but the kitchen is right at the top of the stairs. The dog won't come down the steps, so no dog hair in the room. I have a long arm up in one of the converted bedrooms that is no longer needed. My son put wonderful track lighting above the long arm, so I have lots of light and no shadows. Now I just wish I had more time to do all the things I want to do.