View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Pat G

Originally Posted by sew_Tracy View Post
I guess I missed it too...I only see where she says it's against the law to reproduce pictures or copy them from her site. But to clarify...I feel qualified being a graphic artist, if credit given to the artist...say I posted a pic of a pattern from that site and said it comes from her and here is the site, totally legal. Don't want to split hairs here. People are allowed to be confused in my book...if not I would be in a jail for confused people!

Tracy, This whole topic makes me so angry every time I read something like her article. The jails would be full of not only confused people but full of "non quilters" since we'd all stop using patterns. They sell their patterns to the LQSs so how can they continue to control everything that happens when people use their patterns.
The whole topic has been so overblown. Yet some articles, supposedly from reliable sources, say it's much more open than some would lead us to believe.
I recently found a quilt grp. in my area & one of my first questions was what was the attitude about sharing patterns. They all replied "no problem". They seem to feel the same way I do. Once a pattern is sold, they no longer have control over its use.

Steamin' Pat

Last edited by Pat G; 06-02-2013 at 09:38 AM.