Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM
sarahspins

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
Neatnicks that want me to be one! I sew with abandon...I drop pins, I have threads wound in my chair wheels, I sew til late late late at nite, I don't pick up my project ingredients when I am finished and I don't put the cap back on the spray adhesive right when I am done!
Thank you! I have a system, and when everything is where it should be it's nicely organized and tidy, and everything is easy to find, but my system doesn't require me to put everything back the second I am finished with it - everything finds its way back, eventually I probably do a once a month binge cleaning job to get everything back in order - it takes me at most, 20 or 30 minutes, and a fair amount of that time is spent rearranging things or consolidating things like needles as they get used up - there's no sense in having 4 packs of the same kind with one needle left in each.

Personally, in the middle of the creative process, I find stopping to tidy up or reorganize a HUGE distraction - I'd rather just keep making progress, and make up for my lack of neatness later That's exactly why someone invented those magnetic pin pick up stick thingies, right?