View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
mimiknoxtaylor

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I would love to do a BOM, but I can't afford them. I did get the Farmer's Wife book and will do one with my own fabric.And to be totally honest, I have seen them at Hancock and JoAnn's and I don't particularly care for the fabric choices and when I do get to start on the Farmer's Wife, it will be all my own choices, which is just something I prefer anyhow and am able to use up my own fabric.

Right now I am helping a neighbor patch the underarm of his bathrobe and will do that all by hand and then applique a fussy-cutted piece on the center of the patch. I have been teasing him about it for a while now. It is a red background with white and a big black ant on it. I think it was used for a table cloth and/or napkins! Now they are perfect for I Spy quilts and just adding a bit of levity to something. Edie

Edie, check out the free BOMs on Craftsy. In January I mistakenly signed up for the 2012 BOM. So since I could watch anytime I got finished with the blocks already but haven't put together yet. I have to say I loved it & it was my 1st Craftsy class. Now I have several one of which is the BOM for 2013 and it's free. Some of the blocks aren't my favorite but it did push this long time quilter to try new techniques