View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:16 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Don't buy EQ5. The user interface was changed drastically when EQ6 came out, and it is much easier to use as well as having more features. And don't buy EQ6 because of the problems with multiple installations. If you want to be really happy with the purchase, get EQ7, and upgrade every time a new version comes out. EQ7 will do everything you are asking about, and much more. I use it for every quilt I make, and for many quilts that never get made. Even if I start with a pattern in a book, magazine, or online, I still put it in EQ7 and experiment with different fabrics, borders, settings, etc. I don't understand why so many people think EQ is an expensive tool. For what you get, it is very reasonably priced, much less than the cost of making even one quilt at today's prices. Look for a sale on the quilt in a day web site. I bought Quilt Wizard on sale at the same time as EQ7 and I never use it, because of its limitations. Now that's what I call an expensive piece of software - one that you paid for and then never use. EQ, on the other hand, was a bargain.