Old 06-11-2013, 05:01 AM
LynnVT

I'm with you, BellaBoo! I observe nearly all of these, especially the safety stuff. However, I use my own standards for what is acceptable. I just finished machine quilting a queen size quilt for my bed - first time I've ever machine quilted a large quilt myself. I used my new HQ Sweet Sixteen and it's what I call "doodle quilted." I doodled freemotion, with something of a plan, but neither the designs nor the stitich sizes are totally consistent. I am really happy with it, and plan to enter it in a local display, but I will opt NOT to receive the jury notes as I'm sure they will have lots to say about how I could "improve" my next quilt. I know what is not perfect, but I'm accepting my own work. No, not work, PLAY!I plan to post a pic when I can figure out how to get a decent picture of it. It's too big to hang anywhere.
Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Rule No 1 that I never break: I always close my rotary cutter after each cut. I never cut with the rotary cutter without a safety device for my fingers.

I wear shoes in my sewing room and when I'm sewing. I will not sew over pins. I don't pull my thread from the machine from the top, always from the needle. I won't use old bobbins. I guess these are my only do or don't sew at all rules I have for myself. Other rules are made up as I go or broken.