View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
ssnare

I am willing to do a round robin or row robin next. The round robin will have to have the rounds attached. There are several ways we can do this. Each person starts with a center round. We each add a round from 3 1/2" wide to 9 1/2" wide. Or each round can be a certain width, ex. 1st round might be 3 1/2" wide, 2nd round might be 4 1/2" wide, 3rd round might be 5 1/2 " wide, etc. I prefer the first way. It gives you more creativity. Each round must be worked in some way, not just adding 1 strip of border. You can add 2 pieced strips, or pieced border of any design, you can embroider on a border, do a piano strip, applique, or whatever you want to add. You add what you think the top needs as your border. We set up the guide lines for the group before we start. I have participated in 3 round robins and 3 row robins. We start with a center that is ___ inches x ___ inches to ___ inches by ___ inches. So of course your theme is whatever your center is. For example, I might use an Oriental vase panel. Someone else might use a wolf center or someone may create a center using their own design. Each person tries to enhance the center. We might specify the colors we want but we can not tell the others what we want added. Does this make any sense?