View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Crissie

<<<I don't have that but I did purchase a different SID foot. I found that it gets caught up the stitches in the ditch and is a total pain in the wazoo. What I have now found that works the easiest for me is my walking foot and Machingers gloves. I didn't think the gloves would make that much difference but they do. And slowing way down my speed. I love these gloves. You just touch the fabric and it parts for you. My shoulders aren't all tense now and my hands don't ache like they used to from fighting with the fabric.

OK I'm off my soapbox now. LOL ><<<

Joey you are so right on, I have used these gloves for years and can hardly touch the fabric when quilt without them. I did try another method a lady suggested she says she can not wear globes.. She places on hand on the left top side of her quilt, from under neath she kind makes a small fold of the quilt on backside and that's how she guides her work. I do with FH and quilt some pretty good sized quilt.. I tried this and it was good for small projects but I don't think for larger ones. I love to FH quilt. Some body asked if I purchased the notion from a shop.. No I purchased it from the Pacific International Quilt Festival.