Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch-n-Ditch notions >

Stitch-n-Ditch notions

Stitch-n-Ditch notions

Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 AM

Has anybody purchased the Martelli Stitch-n-Ditch notion? I have and am having such a hard time making it work for me. I notified the company about my problems I've had and NOT getting it to work for me, they wrote back and said many people really like this product. The lady demonstrating at the Pacific International Quilt Show made it look so easy. I've posted this question on two other groups and got back sad new on how others have disliked it, tossed it in the garbage or others wanting to know if I would like to purchase theirs. I purchased two set at $75.00each, one for my s-i-l and one for myself. I really do like the Minute Miter tool, it helps turn those corners on the binding really nice. But for the stitch in the ditch "Zip Binding tool" .. I just haven't got it yet? I'm looking for some body that Really likes these tools? The Zip clips you use to hold the layers together are really hard to use and fray the fabric when removed. Is there anybody in our group that has purchased these tools and really like them? Am I missing something? Do a www.youtube.com/lindavideos if your interested. I'm hoping to find somebody that likes these tools? Thanks Crissie
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

I do not know this product, but if I had shelled out that much and was not happy, I would be checking to see if I could get my money back. Did you buy this at a local store?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I am sorry this was such an expensive disappointment :(
Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM

I don't have that one but I did purchase a different SID foot. I found that it gets caught up on the stitches in the ditch and is a total pain in the wazoo. What I have now found that works the easiest for me is my walking foot and Machingers gloves. I didn't think the gloves would make that much difference but they do. And slowing way down on my speed. I love these gloves. You just touch the fabric and it parts for you. My shoulders aren't all tense now and my hands don't ache like they used to from fighting with the fabric.

OK I'm off my soapbox now. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 AM

<<<I don't have that but I did purchase a different SID foot. I found that it gets caught up the stitches in the ditch and is a total pain in the wazoo. What I have now found that works the easiest for me is my walking foot and Machingers gloves. I didn't think the gloves would make that much difference but they do. And slowing way down my speed. I love these gloves. You just touch the fabric and it parts for you. My shoulders aren't all tense now and my hands don't ache like they used to from fighting with the fabric.

OK I'm off my soapbox now. LOL ><<<

Joey you are so right on, I have used these gloves for years and can hardly touch the fabric when quilt without them. I did try another method a lady suggested she says she can not wear globes.. She places on hand on the left top side of her quilt, from under neath she kind makes a small fold of the quilt on backside and that's how she guides her work. I do with FH and quilt some pretty good sized quilt.. I tried this and it was good for small projects but I don't think for larger ones. I love to FH quilt. Some body asked if I purchased the notion from a shop.. No I purchased it from the Pacific International Quilt Festival.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 AM

I was in the Bernina shop the other day and ask the lady about stitch in the ditch foot and she advised me against it saying it is very hard to make a straight line right in the ditch and showed me some samples they had and they were stitched with a decorative stitch in the ditch and looked very nice maybe it would be something you would like to try sure helped me

Dodie
Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 AM

I did buy the tool at the quilt show I went to. I haven't had time to use it but hope to try it out soon. The gal made it look so easy. Let us know if you ever figure it out.