Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
A researcher in England faked studies about immunizations causing autism. Parents started freakng out and not immunizing their kids. These young parents are not old enough to know what measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, etc. do. They don't know because they were vaccinated against it by their parents. I remember my sister and cousin being very sick with mumps and measles. I had mumps younger and somehow escaped measles. I remember going to school with kids who suffered from polio and could never walk again. I'm a retired university professor in the field of special education. Immunizations do not cause autism. The numbers have increased because of better identification. Just like many years ago ADHD became part of the federal law for special education and kids with ADHD quadrupled. Once a definition and description is made public people can suddenly identify what has been going on. My sister is ADHD and has leaning disabilities. She's 62 years old and was tutored by nuns just to get her through school. ADHD kids and kids with autism have been around for a long time. People just didn't know how to teach them. They are both caused mostly by heredity.
Thank you so much for this. I spent the majority of my nursing career working with mentally and physically handicapped individuals as well as dual diagnosis individuals. It aggravates me that the researchers faked this information just so they wouldn't have to admit they were wrong. Unfortunately, the common public only knows that the research determined that the vaccines caused autism but so few know that the research was bogus. You are right on when you say that there are more diagnosed cases of autism now mainly because of more appropriate diagnosis. There should be a pamphlet handed out to every pregnant woman during her prenatal care that explains the falsified research and the dangers of not immunizing your children.