View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
littlebitoheaven

Originally Posted by StephT View Post
first one is I have no patience and I am not a perfectionist. I know you don't really have to be a perfectionist..but I am not even close..well that is because I have no patience.

Another bad habit. I never pay attention to where the starting thread is. So it usually ends up being a jumbled mess at the start of my fabric. I am working on trying to remember to straighten out the threads.

Another bad habit. I hate to iron. I know that in quilting irons are my best friend. Could be my iron keeps shutting off...time for a new one.

Another bad habit. I can't sew straight to save my life. I just purchased a 1/4 inch foot to help.

So What have I learned.

1/4 inch foot really helps.
Move my starting thread and hold it when I start to sew
Iron is my friend and iron those seams.
Square the block before I sew it in rows

Now if I can just remember the above and not stretch the minky I am putting in the baby quilt. I will be happy.
If I didn't know better, I would think that I had written this post. As badly as I would love to be a precise sewer, it just doesn't happen. Have many times taken out my stitching and restitched over and over and never get any better. It isn't the machine, that I know for sure! Loved your post and feel your pain. Yolanda Wood River