Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Anne P

I'm enjoying following this thread, and can report on my progress, although I didn't know about this thread earlier in the weekend. I have just about finished two placemats (need to hand sew the binding on the back of the second one and it's done!). These are staying here! I've made several baby quilts and given them all away and finally decided I was going to make something to keep. I love giving away, mind you, but it's nice to have a project that stays home!
My next project is to clean the sewing studio and get a new wall up behind the cutting table. I want to mount pegboard on the top half and get my ruler hung up.
Then I can start a Christmas project. My FIL died a couple of years ago and I got my MIL to give me his shirts for quilting. What she doesn't know is that I am going to make her a quilt from the shirts. I got Bonnie Hunter's book Scraps and Shirttails and am planning to make the "Swing Your Partner" quilt. Mom and Dad were avid square dancers for many,many years so the title of this quilt really struck me. I'm going to make it a throw size so she can wrap up in it to watch TV. I also have another baby quilt to do by October. As for now, those are the only "give-aways" so then I'll start on another "keeper" project. I certainly have a long list of those!
I'm off to finish the placemat binding while DS grills steaks for Father's Day dinner! I let DH use the one finished placemat for breakfast and by tomorrow we will each have one!
Happy quilting!