Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Well, in an effort to get cracking on those Christmas gifts, I've decided to dedicate this weekend to working on them. Several people expressed interest in joining me to work on their own ideas. If you don't want to work on Christmas items, please feel free to work on whatever you want.

For those new to Virtual Quilting, we use this thread to post pictures and report the progress we're making. It's tons of fun so hope you can join us this weekend!

If you can only join for part of the weekend, that's fine too
    Heather

Will there be Christmas cookies too?!!!!!

Raggiemom, funny you should post this tread for I'm looking for a stuffed owl pattern. I want to make 9 of these for Isabella's classmate/teacher. She will be going to a special needs school where there are small classes. Southpstitches, wish I was closer, I'm the BEST cookie baker this side of the Mississippi river I made red velvet cookies....yum yum

OK, now I need some Christmas cookies, and red velvet ones sound delish. Would you share the recipe? I have a niece that loves red velvet cake and I'm sure would appreciate some homemade red velvet cookies.
    Heather

Sounds fun - but I'm going of town to visit my Dad for Father's Day - so no sewing this weekend.

I might join you sunday. I have to get going on the blocks for the funky Halloween swap and quilt a piece of fabric for a pillow I am making for charity.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
    Raggiemom, funny you should post this tread for I'm looking for a stuffed owl pattern. I want to make 9 of these for Isabella's classmate/teacher. She will be going to a special needs school where there are small classes. Southpstitches, wish I was closer, I'm the BEST cookie baker this side of the Mississippi river I made red velvet cookies....yum yum
    I just did a search for stuffed owl pattern and could not believe how many free owl patterns are out there! I had intended to post a link for you but there are so many to choose from that I could not decide. I have yahoo for a search engine but I doubt that makes any difference.

Blog Entries
    I'm coming on Sunday or rather I will have started before you get up. Anyone in Australia joining in?
    What are velvet cookies may I have a recipe please.
    Will be doing blocks for a gift and wall hanging with no male in.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I would like to join you also. I have BOM on Saturday, but would have the afternoon. And on Sunday is church, but again will be able to join you in the afternoon. I really need this to get moving on some of my projects.

Well, I spent the morning sorting through what I had done already. After lunch, I started a doll blanket for my 4 year niece. I have the rows ready to sew together to make the top but when I got up to press the seams, someone stole my sewing chair! So I cut the fabric for one of the twin sized Irish chain quilts. I'm going to take a 1/2 hour break to watch The Bold & The Beautiful then hopefully the little stinker will let me have my chair. If not, maybe I'll cut out the other Irish Chain and the Christmas tree skirts. Hope those of you quilting today are making good progress.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Let's see... the weekend begins today doesn't it? Should I bring baklava? it's really yummy and since it is virtual it doesn't have any calories! I am about to start with a crafty item and then finish my Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt. I will post photos. Can't wait to see everyone else's photos.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Sounds like fun! I have a couple projects started that I need to work on. Actually I guess it's three that I need to get done. First is Misty's peacock colors quilt that I've started the quilting but need to take care of a few pleats on the back that have shown up in the "finished" parts.
    Then I need to finish the puzzle ball/grab ball for Peri's soon to arrive wee one. And finally I need to do some more of the blocks for the batik block swap.
    And if I can get someone to help me get my "new" Singer 206 out of the truck and into my studio, I need to soak her in oil and see if she needs any other TLC.

SewExtremeSeams, I LOVE baklava

Well, I broke down and used the back-up machine since the cat made it clear she wasn't moving out of the chair for my main machine. I have the doll quilt sewn together and I've sewn the strips for the Irish Chain quilt. After supper, I'll press all that stuff and cut the IC strips into the smaller sections so tomorrow I can start assembling the blocks. I'm actually surprised how quickly this quilt is going together. I thought it would be harder for some reason. I am having a mental block on how to cut the Christmas tree skirt pieces so will study that pattern tonight and hopefully it will come to me! The sad thing is, I've made the pattern before!

Mom-6, what is a puzzle ball? My niece is due around Thanksgiving and that might make a good Christmas present for the baby.
    Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    SewExtremeSeams, I LOVE baklava

Well, I broke down and used the back-up machine since the cat made it clear she wasn't moving out of the chair for my main machine. I have the doll quilt sewn together and I've sewn the strips for the Irish Chain quilt. After supper, I'll press all that stuff and cut the IC strips into the smaller sections so tomorrow I can start assembling the blocks. I'm actually surprised how quickly this quilt is going together. I thought it would be harder for some reason. I am having a mental block on how to cut the Christmas tree skirt pieces so will study that pattern tonight and hopefully it will come to me! The sad thing is, I've made the pattern before!

Mom-6, what is a puzzle ball? My niece is due around Thanksgiving and that might make a good Christmas present for the baby.
    http://www.allfreesewing.com/Sewn-To...baby-grab-ball Answering for Mom-6, she posted earlier questioning where to find patterns for these, the thread she started has some other links for different types. Caught my interest, would be really cute to make one to match a baby quilt for a gift!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
    I, too, would love this recipe, please share. Please, please, pretty please!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I will be joining I have a quilt to bind, then two quilts to label and finish cutting out a double quilt and get on with the sewing as it is needed as a birthday present for 26th June see you all tomorrow

Thanks to those who joined me today! I'm done for the night, watching the Reds game. See you in the morning!
    Heather

I would love to find sometime to join you all,even if only for abit.

I will join you. I am working on a Yellow Brick Road king size quilt that I want to give my daughter for Christmas. I also want to make tote bags for 4 of my other daughter's foster children.

I believe the weekend starts at the end of the workday on Friday so I have already joined in and started. I machine quilted the t-shirt quilt. Nothing fancy but is my boys' shirts and will be a Father's Day quilt for my husband. I will bind tomorrow. I also have to make a baby quilt for a colleague and have it finished for next week.

Hi there. Potato Chips, not cookies, are my nemisis. I was good today and had tea all day and had a salad snack. Friends have gone home and it's time to get dinner ready. But thought I'd show you what I did today. After ~1hr of straightening, I soaked my Inktense Daylily in the tub and then layed it out to block.Name:  Inktense Daylily.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  1.79 MB I'm really pleased with this project. I did figure out the medium so the ink wouldn't bleed.

Then I got the bindin & label on "At Home in the Forest". The dark spots look like caves, so I appliqued a bear, he's hiding. The quilting is couched Razzle Dazzle designed by Ricky Tims from Superior Threads. It's suppose to be the trees in the forest. Then while straightening I found some fish the perfect size to applique and have some metal bead fish to embelish him. Name:  At Home in the Forest.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  1.93 MB

Yesterday while in Fresno, checked in at Sierra FiberArts about classes and got a list of what I need to get to them (samples, description and supply lists) for my upcoming classes. So I got started on the samples for FM class "Dancing with Thread II". It's the size of a fat quarted so it can be finished during class.Name:  Dancing with Thread II.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  1.64 MB

Also, while straightening, I found projects I thrown in a corner and the 3 of us are going to a retreat at Tahoe next weekend. I've been trying to decide what to take and these seemed like the perfect projects. Also found some "this didn't work for me" things to contribute to the raffle and started cleaning out scraps for the "dog bed".Name:  Gotta get it in.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  1.71 MB

I'm happy with myself for todays accomplishments and will probably finish some handwork tonight &/or clean out the scrap box for the dog bed. Oh, one more thing, with 3 of us ladies helping, hubby was able to get the famework together for the summer shade canapy.

Tomorrow, it's over to my friends house to work on the class sample.

Been working on hand quilting a scrappy quilt all day...Should be trying to work on Christmas gifts tomorrow..I have some partially done muslin rabbits and clothes --need to finish for Granddaughters...also have some Raggedy Anns and Andys started in my UFO box..If I can remember how to finish them off, that will also be great granddaughter gifts...I am hoping I can find all the things I will need for projects..I moved in January and still have unpacked things!! When I go search for fabrics, it is like Christmas as I find things I forgot I had!! I will need to work on my mug rug swap too tomorrow..I like to have it ready to send out as soon as I get my partner's name.

There's nothing good on Fri night and we don't have cable. So been working on that scrap box, cutting in little pieces to put in a dog bed. My right arm has had it, might need ice. See you tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Just a quick look to see what is going on. .
    Finished is better than a UFO

Last night I bought the missing fabric for a Christmas Wallhanging so that's what I will be working on today
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast