Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 PM
gmaybee

I'm an instructor and try to put everyone at ease from the start. I explain to everyone they will all sew at different speeds and to never feel like they are falling behind. I will demonstrate anything over again to individual students, even a few times if someone needs it. I will have students from beginners, or experienced that just come so they can sew uninterrupted from cooking, phones, and other things at home. I walk constantly monitoring what is going on and try to watch for problems, because there are always different personalities in each class. I even had a student want me to stand right beside her the whole time. I had to tell her I was there to teach everyone and I would make sure she got just as much attention as everyone else. We have a set amount of students in our classes and if we have a waiting list the owners check with us, and then bring in an extra teacher to help. I love teaching and sewing/quilting myself so I try to make my classes informative, and fun, because I want my students to enjoy it.