Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by janeknapp View Post
petthefabric, I LOVE your Inktense Daylily! Your work is fantastic...so realistic...great colors...good choice of binding...great quilting! I work with Inktense, too. What did you use as your moistening agent? I use clear aloe vera gel.
I've tried a lot of wetting agents. I made a sample of a spot and a line with these agents: Aloe Vera, GAC 900, Delta Ceramcoat, Water, Jacquard Textile Color 100 Colorless Extender, Mod Podge, Golden Soft Gel Matt. If the affect I want is a watercolor mix, I'd use water because it truely blends the best. If I want it to stay in the lines I'd use Delta Ceramcoat. The least change to the texture of the fabric wal Aloe Vera, GAC 900 and water. Mod Podge bled and is the stiffist. For paper collage I think ModPodge and Golden Soft Gel Mat could be used as glue and sealant.

Does the Aloe Vera wash out. The others act as a sealant. They'll take another layer on top.

So, what do I use? Depends upon the affect I want. The next project will be a watercolor background, so I'll probably use water.

In the box of pencils is an outliner pencil that did help some to contain the wetting agent.